When a woman takes the time to apply eye makeup, she wants it to stand out, to look the absolute best that it can. Unfortunately, unless they are makeup artists, most women don’t know that much about applying eye makeup or the purpose of it. We generally go with what we think looks nice. However, it is possible to take your eye make up a few steps further if you learn the basics of eye makeup and read up on eye makeup ideas.
The most important thing about wearing eye makeup is that whatever you wear or whatever look you want to achieve depends on the shape and spacing of your eyes. Eye makeup is great because it can improve the way your eyes look or play up the already existing beauty of your eyes. But to get to that point, you must understand the basics of eye makeup.
The first thing is the eye makeup kit. A basic eye makeup kit contains three shades of shadow. The highlighter is the lightest shade. It would be applied first. The mid shade is the most important shade in the kit. It is the most subtle and the closest to your natural skin color. The mid shade is usually the most frequently used shade in the kit. The last shade is the contour shade. This is the darkest shade in the kit. While most women understand that the purpose of eye makeup is to accentuate the eyes, most women are afraid to be bold and daring with their eye makeup. Therefore, most women simply throw on a little liner, mascara, and match their eye shadow to either their clothing or their natural eye color.
In order to experiment with eye makeup ideas, it is important to determine the shape of your eyes and how you would like to accentuate them. The following are some easy eye makeup ideas.
- Many women have what is known as hooded eyes. This is where the eyelids look partially closed. This is a simple problem to fix. To open up the eye, you want to minimize the eyelid and draw attention to your brows. Since more attention will be paid to your eye brows, you will want to make sure that they are shaped properly. In this scenario, you would not brush your shadow over the entire lid. Applying eye makeup under the lower lashes also helps with drawing attention away from the eyelid.
- Droopy eyes are simply caused by getting older. There is nothing that can be done to stop it. However, you can camouflage the droopiness by utilizing a basic makeup kit and using all three shades. To do this, you would fully cover the lid with shadow. Using the contour shade under the eye, along the lash line also helps to hide this sign of aging.
Even if your eyes are flawless and gorgeous, there are still eye makeup ideas that will certainly enhance their beauty.
- The Cat Eye technique is a sexy idea that draws attention to the eyes and if done correctly, will make them appear larger.
- Using brightly colored eye shadow is a trend that many people hesitate to do because they are uncertain if they can pull it off. The answer is yes, you can. It is very easy and will make you feel fun and flirtatious. Use bright colored shadows like blue, turquoise, lilac, or green to enhance your eyes and your wardrobe.
- Spice up your smokey eye with a little metallic shimmer eyeliner. To really make this look pop, use a colored shadow in place of the standard black or grey.
When testing out new eye makeup ideas, it is important to keep these key tips in mind.
- False eyelashes are excellent for special occasions but you do not want to over use them.
- Use an eyelash curler before applying mascara to really open your eyes.
- If you are going with dramatic eye makeup, do not go overboard on the lips. It will give the appearance that you are too made up and leave you feeling uncomfortable.
- Use white eye shadow to brighten and enlarge your eyes.
- When applying concealer and powder, apply it to the entire eye area. This will result in a longer lasting eye makeup appearance.
- Keep your pencils sharp. It is wise to sharpen your brow pencils, and your eyeliners before each use.
- Use shimmer shadows to add drama to your basic look.
- If you do not have time to get your eyebrows waxed or plucked, you can use any type of hair gel to hold your brows in place. But don’t mess up your brushes. Use an old toothbrush.
If you don’t have time to create a full look, using the mid shade in your basic kit saves precious time and looks great as well.
The most important eye make up idea of all is to simply have fun and don’t be afraid to experiment. Eye make up is not permanent. If you don’t like it, wash it off.